The role of the Security Department at Yorkdale is to ensure every visitor has a safe and enjoyable shopping experience.
By patrolling and monitoring all areas of the shopping centre, the Yorkdale Security Team makes certain that all visitors abide by the centre’s rules and regulations and conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to a safe and secure environment.
Yorkdale Security is a proprietary security department with a staff of 51 employees. The department, managed by a Security Manager, Assistant Security Manager, Security Coordinator and six Security Supervisors, oversees all aspects of safety and security in the shopping centre as well as the exterior parking facilities.
Security coverage for the shopping centre is scheduled on a 24-hour basis, 365 days a year. Security Officers constantly patrol the entire shopping centre. Around the shopping centre, Security Vehicle patrols of the parking facilities are conducted in two marked Security cars as well as a T3 Electric Stand-Up Vehicle. Licence Plate Recognition is also used to enforce parking regulations.
The storefront Security Office is located at the subway entrance of the shopping centre. Our Security Base Station is manned by a Security Officer responsible for monitoring the shopping centre’s CCTV camera system, receiving all incoming calls, dispatching Security Officers and providing customer assistance. To contact the Yorkdale Security office, please call 416-789-9950.
LOST & FOUND
Did you lose an item while visiting the shopping centre?
Call Lost & Found at our Security Department at 416.256.5097.
AUTO AID SERVICES
Aside from providing a safe, secure shopping environment, Yorkdale Security also offers the following Auto Aid Services:
- Battery Boosts
- Flat Tire Service
- Escort to Vehicle
To request these services, contact Yorkdale Security at 416-789-9950.
CODE OF CONDUCT
To download our Code of Conduct Policy click here.
An enjoyable shopping outing is also a safe one. Here are a few safety tips to consider.
- Park close to your shopping destination. Let your family and friends know your shopping plans and when you will be coming home.
- Double-check your vehicle to make sure it is locked and windows are rolled up.
- Keep all shopping parcels and other valuables out of sight.
- When shopping with others, set a time and place to meet during your shopping outing. If you are shopping with children, keep track of their whereabouts.
- Keep purses close to your body. Wallets should be kept in a breast pocket. Waist packs are also useful for keeping money in front of you while leaving your hands free for shopping.
- If you are leaving Yorkdale and someone approaches you, return to the building and contact Security. Our staff will escort you to your vehicle.
- Have car keys in hand before you get to your car. When you return to your car, be aware of your surroundings.
- When entering any parking lot, if you see someone you think may be a threat, stay in your car and drive away.
If you see any suspicious activity and/or people, please notify a Yorkdale Security Officer or Customer Service representative immediately. To contact by phone, call Security at 416-789-9950 or dial Customer Service, 416-789-3261.