Fit might not come across on a job description. But candidates who “fit” feel strongly connected with all the things a woman values, believes in, supports, defends, embraces, loves. They’re relationship builders, team players, believers in fashion first and people always. Those “one in a million” candidates are the ones we covet. Because they’re capable of shaping an experience that will make someone’s day; Inspire her to look, feel and be her best. They make it happen. Because they get it. Because they fit.
By joining Ann Taylor, you will be contributing to our mission of creating a modern, chic, sophisticated, and highly relevant brand.
Sales Associate Opportunities
Responsibilities will include: Providing exceptional client service, operating as the Manager on Duty in the absence of a manager, performing operational and transactional functions, handling client service issues, issuing approvals for desk transactions as well as opening and closing the store.
The Sales Lead will refer all duties which require managerial experience and/or approval to the Store Manager (e.g. disciplinary action, hiring, and terminating associates).
In addition to Sales Associate roles of providing excellence in delivering the Client Experience, the Sales Lead is responsible for supporting the Store Manager and Co-Manager in overseeing the operational funtioning of the store including, but not limited to:
- Supporting the business strategy & adjusting to effectively reach goals
- Driving revenue by proactively managing the client experience while effectively performing Manager on Duty responsibilities
- Utilizing tools to ensure a client-focused team environment
- Coaching Associates “in the moment” on client interactions & performance to maximize productivity and capture client oppotunities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Client Experience: Ensures that the client remains the top priority while balancing required tasks amd overall store operations
- Store Operations & Organization: Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines
- Merchandising: Knowledge of visual standards & techniques; Ability to implement and maintain within ANN INC.’s guidelines
- Communication: Communicates effectively with Clients, Members of Management, Business Partnerals, and Store Associates
- Accuracy: Ability to handle cash & provide change without error; Ability to prepare nightly desposit as necessary
- Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year Sales Associate or equivalent experience with another retailer in a position of Sales Associate or higher
- Part-Time or Full-Time Managerial Experience preferred