Retail Store Manager Job Responsibilities:
Prominent, high-volume, and fast-paced design and retail firm requires an entrepreneurial, experienced retail manager to take responsibilities for the business’s P&L, daily operations, sales, and staff supervision. The right candidate will enjoy a competitive salary and profit sharing.
Retail Store Manager Job Duties:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Direct responsibility for P&L
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories, ordering/managing special orders.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Retail Store Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus, P&L management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management, Computer Proficiency
Compensation for this role includes a base salary plus aggressive profit sharing opportunities.
To apply for this position, please a C.V. to Amanda@shoptreasures.ca