Official Contest Entry and Rules and Regulations
- There is NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER the Yorkdale Win Back Your Prom Purchase(the “Contest”) operated by Yorkdale Shopping Centre, OPGI Management Inc., as general partner of the OPGI Management Limited Partnership, (The “Contest Sponsors”).
- TO ENTER: There is one way to enter this contest:
Yorkdale Win Back Your Prom Purchase: Customers who visit the #YorkdaleProm16 Style Centre and meet with a stylist will have the opportunity to win back their prom purchase, up to a maximum of $1000. After visiting the style centre, guests will receive a prom shopping booklet where they can record their favourite trends, accessories, and style of dresses/suit to act as a guide while shopping at the wide variety Yorkdale retailers. Once they’ve made their purchases, guests can be entered into the Win Back Your Prom Purchase Contest by revisiting the Style Centre after shopping and showing a stylist their receipts. The winner will be drawn at random at the end of the March Break and will win back the cost of their prom purchases in the form of a Yorkdale Gift Card. The contest will be available online from March 11/2016 and will end on March 20/2016.
- EGILIBILTY: The contest is only open to individuals who are residents of Ontario, age 18 years and older or 13-18 years with parental consent. The Contest is not open to directors, officers or employees of the Contest sponsors, their respective affiliates, advertising or promotion agencies, or other representatives or agents, successors or assignees, members of those individual’s respective immediate families, or anyone with whom any of those individuals are domiciled.
- PRIZE(s): Multiple prizes from a variety of Yorkdale’s retailers via random selection. The winner will be be contacted via email.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and is not redeemable for cash, taxes, fees and other charges are the responsibility of the winner.
- Odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/SELECTION: Following the selection of the winner, the Contest Sponsors will attempt to contact the selected entrants by telephone at the telephone number provided on the selected entrants’ contest entry form. If any selected entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) business days of the initial attempt, he/she will be disqualified, will not receive a prize and another entry will be drawn and the process continued until an eligible entrant has been contacted. The winners of the prize will be the selected entrant who: (a) has been selected as a winner, (b) submits valid proof of identity and age; (c) correctly answers, unaided by any other person, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question; and (d) otherwise complies with these Rules. The prize is not transferable and will be awarded to the confirmed winners only.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned.
- As a condition of winning, each potential winner, along with his/her parent or legal guardian, must within five (5) days after answering the skill testing question referred to above, sign and return a Declaration and Release confirming his/her compliance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing the Contest Sponsors and any other person or entity associated in any way with the Contest, and all of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, from any and all liability arising in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of the prize as awarded. Potential winners may also be required to provide the Contest Sponsors within five (5) days after answering the skill testing questions referred to above with government issued photo identification as evidence of their age. If the selected entrant does not timely comply with these Rules then in the Contest Sponsors sole discretion the prize initially awarded to the selected entrant may be forfeited without any liability to the selected entrant or any other person, and another entrant may, in the Contest Sponsors sole discretion, be selected by random draw in accordance with these Rules. No substitutions for or transfer of the prize will be allowed except that the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prize (or any prize component) for another prize (or prize component) of approximately the same retail value, in their sole and absolute discretion without prior notice. The prize will be delivered only to the confirmed winner. By entering the Contest, each entrant, his/her parent or legal guardian on his/her behalf, automatically consents to the use and publication of the entrant’s name, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media used by the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies with respect to the Contest, without payment or compensation, throughout the world in perpetuity.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant, his/her parent or legal guardian on his/her behalf, automatically accepts these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants, and automatically releases the Contest Sponsors and any other person or entity associated in any way with the Contest, and all of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, from any and all liability arising in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection of the prize winner and the administration of the Contest.
- By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, the entrant’s name, address, city, e-mail address and telephone number, each Contest entrant, or if an entrant is under the age of majority, his/her parent or legal guardian on his/her behalf, automatically grants permission to the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies with respect to the Contest to the collection and use of such information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the winners of the prize. Any Contest entrant, who has voluntarily indicated on the entry ballot that he/she wishes to be contacted regarding future promotions and/or offers and has granted permission to do so, will be added to the Contest Sponsors’ e-mail databases.
- The Contest Sponsors are not responsible or liable, jointly or severally, for any of the following: (a) erroneous, damaged, destroyed, lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrectly addressed or misdirected entries, regardless of the cause; (b) failure for any reason whatsoever of selected entrants to receive a prize notification; (c) changes in entrants’ telephone numbers or email address after entries are submitted; (d) computer, online, telephone, communication, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless or the cause; or (e) damage or loss, including any loss, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest, or the submission of entries to the Contest, or participation in the Contest, or participation in the Contest, or the prize and regardless of the cause or any negligence by any of the Contest Sponsors or any person or entity for whom any of them are responsible, and notwithstanding that any of those entities or persons may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
If for any reason the Contest Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Contest Sponsors including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsors may in their sole discretion disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and withdraw, cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Contest by publishing a notice on the www.yorkdale.com website or by any other method. Decisions of the contest judge appointed by the Contest Sponsors regarding any and all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- The Contest and all related matters are governed solely by laws of Ontario, Canada and applicable federal laws of Canada and applicable federal laws of Canada, excluding any rules of private international law or the conflict of laws which would lead to the application of any other laws. Any dispute between the Contest Sponsors or any other person arising from, connected with or relating to the Contest, the submission of entries to the Contest, participation in the Contest, the Contest prizes or any related matters (“Disputes”) must be resolved before the Courts of Ontario, Canada, and you hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those courts in respect of all Disputes. Proceedings regarding Disputes must be commenced in a court of competent jurisdiction in Ontario, Canada with six (6) months after the Dispute arose, after which time any and all proceedings regarding the Dispute are barred.
- The names of the prize winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Yorkdale Shopping Centre Management Office”. 1 Yorkdale Road, Toronto, ON, M6A 3A1