Building on the success of the Allergy Clinics over the last few years, Merck Consumer Care breaks new ground this year with the ALLERGY RELIEF HOUSE (www.allergyreliefhouse.com), as Aerius®, Claritin® and hydraSense® have teamed up to create a unique interactive experience to help Canadians manage – and maybe even prevent! – pesky allergy symptoms.
A house made especially for the occasion is set up and brand ambassadors are available to provide useful information to people affected by allergy symptoms. Over seven days, the public will be guided by the Allergy Relief House team through different rooms of the house to learn more about allergy triggers and symptoms. Upon entering the Allergy Relief House, consumers will be greeted by a brand ambassador, who will give them a digital questionnaire about their allergies to quickly assess their needs. They will then receive a personalized profile of their allergy sufferer type. People will also have the chance to take a close-up look at allergens projected on a 3D TV screen that will demonstrate the impact of allergens in the human body.
Consumers will then be directed to either the Aerius® or Claritin® rooms:
- In the Aerius® Room, people will be able to view allergens through microscopes, get more information about the brand and learn tips for managing their allergy symptoms.
- In the Claritin® Room, consumers will be invited to participate in a quiz about indoor and outdoor allergies on digital kiosks. The questions will also help visitors learn how to better control their individual allergy symptoms.
- Next, consumers will visit the hydraSense® Room, where informative videos will teach them how to properly use the products and ambassadors will share general information about hydraSense.
Finally, participants, allergy sufferers – or those who have someone they know affected by allergies – will be invited to visit the Health section outdoors. Here they will have the opportunity to meet with an allergist, who will answer their questions and provide key information on allergy symptoms relief.
schedule and venue of the allergy relief house
Yorkdale Shopping Centre – North Parking Lot
- Monday, June 10: 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 11: 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 12: 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 13: 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 14: 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 15: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 16: 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.