TO APPLY SEND RESUME TO Yorkdale@COACH.COM
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop, and today is a leading New York design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality, and our commitment to the customer experience.
At Coach, we bring together strong, collaborative people in a culture of mutual respect, support, accountability, and passion for the brand and product. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for exceptional talent to thrive.
We are currently seeking an Associate Manager to work at our Yorkdale Mall store in Toronto, Ontario.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Retail Management to…
• Foster a store environment that delivers renowned and authentic service to create a Modern Luxury customer experience
• Develop product knowledge skills and remain aware of current collections that are in-store and on-line; cascades and trains information to the broader team
• Achieve and exceed goals through sales strategies, clienteling, sourcing new customers and maintaining and building productive long-term relationships with existing customers
• Support an environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration with peers, customers and supervisors
• Stay current with market competition, industry, fashion trends and customer shopping behaviors
• Evaluate performance of all team members and provide consistent coaching where service and selling are top priorities; create and modify action plans for the continuous development of staff
• Demonstrate strong business acumen; strategically forecasts, plans and budgets to the needs of the business (i.e. payrolls, staffing, etc.)
• Manage daily operational tasks according to Coach standards including selling and service
• Work with Store Manager to flex store business strategies and selling techniques to contribute to overall store and financial results
• Serve as a leader within the building when upper management is out of the business
The accomplished individual will possess…
• 1-3 years of previous management experience in a luxury retail service environment preferable
• Possess current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace
• High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
• Proficient with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Experience using retail systems (i.e. labor management, inventory systems, sales reporting, etc.)
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and team (both oral and written), maneuver sales floor and meet moderate stockroom lifting and store climbing requirements
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays
**ALERT: Fraudulent Recruiting Activity through Craigslist
Coach became aware of fraudulent job postings on Craigslist where unauthorized individuals are using the Coach and/or Coach Leatherware name to solicit potential job seekers for employment. The information confirms an offer of employment to Coach and directs the recipient to send a copy of their credit report to Coach for their employment files. This is not Coach’s practice. If we make you an offer of employment, which would ALWAYS be done personally, then we will make arrangements with your knowledge and via a secured method to obtain your information and consent in order to process background checks that are always part of our hiring process. Please note this is NOT a legitimate offer, and Coach is not affiliated with the postings. We encourage anyone who encounters or falls victim to this type of fraudulent activity to report it to Craigslist and forward the e-mail you received to email@example.com.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.