Today Ted Baker is a global lifestyle brand offering menswear, womenswear, accessories and everything in between. A quintessentially British brand, Ted Baker is famed for its quirky yet commercial fashion offering, high quality design detailing and distinctive use of pattern and colour. Ray Kelvin, the founder and chief executive of Ted Baker, on how a Glasgow shirt shop has been transformed into a global fashion brand over the last 25 years.
Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’
The role of the Sales Advisor is to maximize sales, through a high level of service to Ted’s customers, always striving to go the extra mile. Be a proud and passionate ambassador of Ted, who understands and promotes the company “Mission Statement” and “Vision”.
Roles and responsibilities
- A high level of team participation, working with integrity and respect for others
- Actively drive and document your own learning to contribute to the success of the team and location.
- Be adaptable and flexible to the needs of the business in support of the team and the location
- Use all available tools and information to keep up to date on current product and increase awareness of the product in terms of Called, Colour, Composition, Cost, Care, Cut (The 6 Cs)
- Use product knowledge to generate sales and increase customer loyalty to the brand.
- Follow merchandising guidelines, replenishment procedures and housekeeping standards to ensure that Ted is represented at the highest level.
- Demonstrate all requirements of Ted’s School of Excellence
- Delivering Greet, Observe, Talk, Fit, Assist, Thank (GOTFAT) with enthusiasm and consistency, understanding the impact of actions on the customer experience and sales.
- Have a good understanding the variety of customer profiles and use of sales techniques in order to build loyal customer relationships.
- Actively seeking knowledge and taking personal ownership of achieving and exceeding location KPIs and supporting all brand promotions and campaigns
- Be proactive in customer “Data Capture‟ through effective use of data collection tools and understand how this actively informs customer relationship management
- Keep yourself and customers up to date on and take an active interest in sharing Ted’s social media activity
- Have a strong commercial awareness of our competitors and local markets.
- Be proactive and complete all tasks correctly and efficiently following company policies and procedures with an ability to work unsupervised
- Adhere to all Company health and safety procedures. Use equipment properly and report any potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Adhere to all loss prevention measures and protect the assets of the company by reporting any misuse or theft of Company property to management.
Ted’s Core Competencies
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
- Take ownership, be accountable
- Encourage organization, high standards and efficiencies
Please apply by emailing your resume to B01.Yorkdale@TedBaker.com