Why join us?
We are currently looking for highly motivated Guest Experience Representatives to join our team at Yorkdale Shopping Centre. At Oxford, we have a commitment to customer service excellence and we strive to achieve this goal through every interaction, everyday. As a Guest Experience Representative, you are an ambassador for Yorkdale Shopping Centre and must ensure professionalism, pride, and passion each and everyday.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team as part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest, considerate and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Proactively seek opportunities (using good judgment) to create memorable guest interactions, assist guests and provide excellent service.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the shopping centre’s services, amenities/facilities, stores/locations and promotional activities.
- Assist guest by providing directions/information, answering questions, and performing other centre specific services as assigned.
- Support and encourage guests in utilizing social media, mobile and on-line services to enhance their overall shopping experience.
- Develop and maintain retailer relations, to enhance communication, collaboration and education about retailers merchandise, service offerings, events and promotions.
- Maintain store knowledge about merchandise, price points, and gift suggestions to ease shopper’s path to purchase.
- Interact with all internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide effective service by listening, maintaining eye contact and understanding the customer’s needs.
- Deliver all services offered at the Guest Experience Kiosk – including selling gift cards and any additional services that may be required.
- Ensure accuracy in all guest interaction communication tools. Examples: phone messages, website, social media outlets, pamphlets, directories, and face-to-face interactions
- Participate in special projects and assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Be aware of the centre’s Crisis Management Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Experience role and areas of responsibility as outlined in the plan
- Be aware of the centre’s Health and Safety Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Experience role and areas of responsibility
To succeed in this role, you:
- High school education – secondary preferred in a related field i.e. Hospitality or Marketing/Communications
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Positive attitude and a strong desire to provide excellent guest service.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with shoppers, retailers, centre management, service providers and all shopping centre personnel.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Conflict resolution/management skills.
- Must be friendly, approachable, proactive and solution focused.
- Computer skills – including working knowledge of social media tools and services.
- Organization and time management skills.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with Microsoft Programs preferred (Excel, Word, etc.)
If interested please apply here