Reporting to the Divisional Manager, manages the selling team to ensure that customer service standards are maintained, and all product and sales goals are achieved, through the conscientious application of Sporting Life standards to achieve our mission statement: To be a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, Integrity committed to a relentless desire to improve our performance in creating the highest quality shopping experience for all Customers and Staff.
• Assists in the planning and organizing of day to day operations of the store, to maximize sales and productivity;
• Motivates and leads staff through personal example regarding customer service, readiness for business, merchandising of product, store cleanliness, staff relations, and compliance with company policies;
• Assists in the preparation of weekly staff schedules to ensure cost-effective work assignment scheduling;
• Follows up with Customer Service and appropriate vendors to resolve customer problems
• Co ordinates and follows up on execution of job lists;
• Participates in training
• Communicates with buyers on a frequent basis regarding product trends and inventory levels
• Stays informed of product development, maintenance and merchandising standards;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• 3-5 years of progressive retail management experience with proven leadership ability
• Strong PC skills coupled with a basic AS400 operating knowledge
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Strong sense of urgency in dealing with business and staff needs
• Ability to think in a disciplined and logical manner and make decisions
• Highly sales and profit driven
• Strong customer service skills
• High standard of professionalism
*Submit your resume/cover letter to: email@example.com, with subject title “SOFTGOODS DEPARTMENT MANAGER YORKDALE”. Please note: due to the high volume of applicants, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.