SPECIALTY LEASING AND Brand Activations
Toronto’s most successful regional shopping centre allows you to promote your brand. Whether you’re launching a new concept or are already a retailer looking for more exposure, Yorkdale is the ideal place to launch. With high visibility to more than 2.5 million potential customers every month in Toronto’s most prestigious shopping centre, a presence here carries influential weight.
We encourage all interested, prospective tenants to contact our Administration Office with a business plan or proposal that sets out the following details:
- Name of company, including address, phone number/fax number and email address.
- Approximate size of retail space required to operate your business.
- Photos of current location or any architectural renderings of proposed store designs, as well as the cost per square-foot projected in the design of the retail space and the company name of the retail-design firm.
- Images and an outline of your merchandise/ product line detailing price range and listing of suppliers.
- Demographic profile of your target market.
- Financial data, such as budget which would include your projected start-up fees (construction, fixtures, architecture) and proposed expenditures (rent per-square-foot, taxes).
- A full sales forecast and cash flow analysis for the first year of operation.
This information can be submitted by fax to:
Yorkdale Administration Office, 416-256-5064.
Or by mail:
Yorkdale Shopping Centre
1 Yorkdale Road, Suite 500
M6A 3A1 Canada
RETAIL MERCHANDISING UNIT (RMU) OPPORTUNITIES
For more information on Yorkdale’s Brand Activations or RMU program, please contact Mary Cipriano, Manager, Specialty Leasing & Brand Activations at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for new and original concepts that compliment the Yorkdale brand to join our retailer team and we look forward to your proposal.
YORKDALE AT A GLANCE
Opening Date: 1964
Description: 1,600,324 square feet with over 250 stores and services
Anchors: Hudson’s Bay, Holt Renfrew
Number of Retail Levels: 1 Parking: 7,200 parking spaces
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sat: 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sun: 11 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Located in the heart of Toronto adjacent to one of Toronto’s main traffic intersections – Highway 401 & Allen Expressway. Direct connection to the Toronto Transit Subway and GO Transit.
Number of Carts: 8
Size of Carts: 10 feet wide by 6 feet high
Power & Phone: 15 AMPS service. Phone and internet hook up (including WiFi) is responsibility of Tenant
Insurance Required: $5,000,000 General Liability naming Yorkdale Shopping Centre Holdings Inc. as additionally insured.
Hours of Operation: Shopping Centre Hours.
Send your proposal to:
Yorkdale Management Office
1 Yorkdale Rd., Suite 500
Attention: Mary Cipriano, Manager, Specialty Leasing & Brand Activations
DOES YOUR BRAND FIT OUR BRAND?
Yorkdale Shopping Centre is Toronto’s premiere regional shopping centre. The Yorkdale Brand is synonymous with fashion and lifestyle, and is successful for a number of reasons:
- Attracts more than 20 million visitors each year, or approximately 500,000 shoppers per week.
- Draws visitors from an ever-growing area: Barrie and surrounding communities (North), Bowmanville (East), Oakville (West), and the City of Toronto (or the entire GTA or Greater Toronto Area).
- Sells 13.93 times more fashion goods than the national average.
- Boasts an extensive consumer mix with primary shoppers being female (core consumers consist of women 25 to 54 years of age; secondary category, women 20 to 34 with a high discretionary income).
- Draws more professional and executive female consumers – 54% of whom have a household income of $75,000 or greater.
- The majority of these consumers plan to spend more than 160 minutes at Yorkdale, versus an industry benchmark of approximately 76 minutes.
- Two in five shoppers have visited Yorkdale more than eight times in a three-month period.
- One in four shoppers claim unaided awareness/recall of Yorkdale advertising – the highest position of recall in the Greater Toronto Area.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A Client
- New and original concepts that compliment the Yorkdale brand.
- A concept that is professionally merchandised.
- A brand that carries a product line fitting with the Yorkdale image of fashion and lifestyle.
- A business that has a good branding and sales track record.